Our service and mode of transit to Kuwait:
- Sea freight or Airfreight
- Full load container – sole use for those with enough goods to fill a container
- Less container load – or shared container for people that do not have enough to fill a container
- Unaccompanied baggage – save money and avoid Airline expensive baggage charges.
- Door to Door
- Door to Port
- Custom clearance
- Local Service.
Items Not Allowed When Sea Shipping to Kuwait
Before shipping to Kuwait, be aware that certain items are strictly prohibited from entering Kuwait. For example, all types of weapons, explosives and ammunition or prohibited from shipment to Kuwait. This includes any type of antique or ornamental weapons as well as newer versions.
Other items that are prohibited from shipment to Kuwait include:
- Narcotics and drugs
- Pork and pork products
- Alcoholic beverages
- Gambling equipment
- Pornographic materials
- Controversial political literature
- Any materials that could be considered contrary to Islamic morality
Any prohibited items in your shipment to Kuwait will be confiscated and may be destroyed without your consent. It is recommended that you pack books, records, films, tapes, slides, movies, videos, compact discs and software separately for easy access for Customs Officials in Kuwait.
About Kuwait City:
Kuwait City – is the capital and largest city of Kuwait. Kuwait City is the political, cultural and economic centre of Kuwait. Kuwait City is considered a global city. Kuwait City’s trade and transportation needs are served by Kuwait International Airport, Mina Al-Shuwaik (Shuwaik Port) and Mina Al Ahmadi (Ahmadi Port).
Kuwait is the fifth richest country in the world measured by Gross Domestic Product (GDP) per head. It’s one of UK’s largest and most important trading partners. Bilateral trade has doubled from £2 billion to £4 billion in the last 2 years.
Before shipping to Kuwait, you should have the following paperwork in order:
- Two copies of your passport, with Information page and Residence Permit page.
- Residence Permit (Kiama)
- Temporary Import License
- “No Objection Certificate” – This document is required from the Ministry of Interior in Kuwait
- Employer declaration stating your employer status and firm info
- Employer letter explaining why you are going to Kuwait
- Authorization letter written in Arabic to clear shipments into Kuwait. This document may be obtained upon arrival in Kuwait.
- Copy of Civil ID (Kuwait Identification Card)
For more specific information about shipping to Kuwait. Call Pick&Move free on 0800 781 9629 with any questions you might have about sea shipping to Kuwait or Request a Moving Quote