Are you shipping personal goods to Dubai – UAE? or just few Boxes. If you require shipping to the UAE, do bear in mind that used household goods and personal effects are usually treated as duty free, but are subject to you obtaining and producing a Residence Permit. All new household goods are subject to duty, which is determined by the customs officials. Your shipment must arrive within one month of your arrival and you must be present for your goods to be granted customs clearance. Most shipments will be subject to a physical inspection.
Items of personal use and used household items brought into the country will be exempted from customs tax and duties after being checked by the customs inspectors. However, a 5% customs tax will be imposed on goods if found by the customs inspectors to be in commercial quantities.
- Unaccompanied baggage & luggage shipping
- International sea freight or air freight for individuals
- Unaccompanied baggage shipped to Dubai, UAE, Kuwait
- Personal effects shipments from the UK to anywhere in Middle East
- Overweight baggage big savings on airline costs
- Household goods – ship by airfreight or sea freight
- Excess luggage & boxes shipped to Dubai, UAE, and Kuwait.
Cost of Shipping Boxes to Dubai
The cost of moving boxes internationally solely depends on how much you send when using our box shipping to Dubai service. At Pick&Move offer low cost the more boxes you send the cheaper your quote.
If you’re considering shipping a box to Dubai, get your instant quote today or call us on 0800 781 9629 If you just want more information on sending a tea chest to Dubai from the UK you can read our Shipping Boxes to Dubai.
For removals to Dubai and other emirates, you may be asked to provide sales receipts, invoices or insurance papers for dutiable items to ascertain your ownership of the goods, period of ownership or their value. All cartons containing books, CDs, videos, DVDs and magazines must be clearly marked so they can be identified easily by customs.
Travel guide of banned items & Guidelines for bringing medicines & drugs to the UAE
Banned items by Dubai Customs include
- All kinds of Narcotic drugs (Hashish, Cocaine, Heroin, Poppy Seeds, Hallucination Pills, etc.).
2. Goods intended to be imported from boycotted countries.
3. Goods from Israeli origin or bearing Israeli trademarks or logos
4. Crude Ivory and Rhinoceros horn.
5. Gambling tools and machineries.
6. Three layers fishing nets.
7. Original engravings, prints, lithographs, sculpture and statues in any material.
8. Used reconditioned and inlaid tires.
9. Radiation polluted substances.
10. Printed publications, oil paintings, photographs, pictures, cards, books, magazines stony sculptures and mannequins which contradict Islamic teachings, decencies, or deliberately implying immorality or turmoil.
11. Any other goods, the importation of which is prohibited under the authority of U.A.E. customs laws or any other laws in the country.
12. Forged and duplicate currency.
13. Cooked and home-made foods.
Source: Dubai Customs.
Guidelines for bringing medicines & Drugs in UAE
1. As certain chemicals and drugs are banned in UAE, it is essential to check and ensure that the medicine which someone is carrying does not contain a banned or restricted substance. List of drugs and medicines banned in UAE are available on the website: www.uaeinteract.com/travel/drug.asp
2. If for medical or emergency reasons one needs to carry any medicines, it should be ensured to have a medical prescription from a UAE licensed doctor. If treatment was undertaken outside UAE, one must carry both a doctor’s prescription as well as detailed medical report, both of which should be suitably attested.
3. Residents and non-resident patients can bring into the UAE a maximum of 3 month supply of prescription medicine, for their personal use.
4. Psychotropic medicines can be brought by non-residents to cover their personal consumption for a maximum of 3 month period.
5. Psychotropic medicines can be brought in by resident in a quantity sufficient for 1 month consumption. However, residents can bring a maximum 3 month supply if the medicine is not available in the UAE provided that they obtain the prior approval of the Drug Control Department
6. Resident and non-resident patients should not bring narcotic medicines into the country without the prior approval from the Ministry of Health. Each case will be studied and approved. A valid prescription and medical report from the concerned hospital or department will be required.
7. Medicines that arrive in the country via postal courier cannot be released to the patient unless the above requirements are fulfilled.
8. For more information related to restrictions on carrying of medicines, drugs and chemicals into UAE, one must check Dubai Customs website or www.dubai.ae beforehand.
9. be careful of carrying in poppy seeds which are banned, so avoid accidentally carrying bakery products that might contain such seeds. Also banned is qat leaf, betel leaf or nuts, niswar, gutkha, which while admissible in some countries is not permitted in the UAE
Contact us now for a quick no obligation Quotation or Click the “Live Button” to Chat with us. Alternatively call 0800 781 9629